The lawyers at Prevost, Shaff, Mason & Carns, PLLC handle all aspects of family law. When possible, we work to minimize conflict in family law cases. However, when litigation is the only way to resolve problems arising from issues such as divorce, paternity and child custody battles, we are vigorous advocates for our clients. We assist clients with the following types of cases:
- Divorce: We handle everything from simple, uncontested divorces to complex divorces involving high assets and closely held businesses.
- Child custody: We consider the unique circumstances of your life and the needs of your children to achieve your custody goals.
- Maintenance and spousal support: Spousal support or maintenance (alimony) payments are determined based on the facts of your case. We can help you make sure your maintenance order is fair and consistent with Texas law.
- Child support: In any family law matter, our primary concern is what is in the best interests of the child involved. Texas law requires both parents to support their children according to state mandated child support guidelines.
- Post-judgment disputes, enforcements and modifications: When circumstances change after the final divorce or paternity decree, it is possible to modify support, placement (visitation) or maintenance orders under certain circumstances. We can help you determine what is appropriate given the facts of your case.
- Restraining orders: Law enforcement takes charges of domestic violence very seriously and the court system offers remedies such as restraining orders for victims. If you have been abused by your spouse or you are the parent of child who has been abused, we can help obtain restraining orders to keep you and your family safe. We also help protect your rights if you are the subject of a restraining order.
We can also assist you with matters related to Child Protective Services (CPS), Grandparents’ rights and adoption. As our client, you can feel peace of mind in knowing that we will zealously represent you and will do everything we can to deliver the case outcome you desire.
If you have a family law matter you would like to discuss, we would encourage you to call or e-mail us to schedule an appointment.